If you'd like to use a custom domain for your Mobile Website, you will need to create a CNAME record for the domain or subdomain you are planning to use. (i.e. m.mysite.com OR mysite.com)
Host setting: m (or any other subdomain of your choice - example: m.mysite.com)
CNAME address: mobile.protexting.com
CNAME Settings by DNS Providers
Every DNS provider has different settings, we have outlined the most popular ones here:
- Log in to your account at https://admin.1and1.com
- Click the Administration tab.
- Click Domains.
- From the New drop-down menu, select Create Subdomain.
- Enter only the subdomain you want to use, and click OK. For example, if you chose m.mysite.com for your site's address, you should enter m here.
- Select the checkbox next to the subdomain that you will be using. (Example: m.mysite.com)
- From the DNS menu, select "Edit DNS Settings".
- Click the radio button next to CNAME.
- Enter mobile.protexting.com next to Alias.
- Click OK.
- Log in to your account at www.godaddy.com.
- Select My Domain Names and go to the Domain Manager page.
- Click the domain that you'd like to use with your mobile website.
- Click the Total DNS Control And MX Records link at the bottom of the section entitled Total DNS.
- Click Add New CNAME Record in the box labelled CNAMES (aliases). If you've already created a CNAME record for your site's address, click the pencil icon next to the existing CNAME record.
- For the Name, enter only the subdomain of the address you want to use for your site's. For example, if you picked m.mysite.com as your address, enter m here.
- Enter mobile.protexting.com as the Host Name.
- Click OK.
1. Log into your account
2. Click on Domains
3. Find the domain in question, and click on the corresponding link that says "Control Panel"
4. Click the "Websites & Domains" tab
5. Click on "DNS Settings"
6. Click on "Manage" for the domain you'd like to use for your mobile website
7. To edit an existing record, click on the record under "Host"
8. Change the "Record type" to CNAME (if necessary)
9. For "Domain name", put in the subdomain you want to host.
10. For "Canonical name", change it to mobile.protexting.com
* In case your DNS provider is not listed here, please go to Google and search for CNAME SETTINGS or you can contact us here to help you with the settings. If you need to host your main domain name for your mobile website, example: www.mysite.com, please contact us.